At Rockart Design we know, when you are about to decide on the design for a TV-show, Tour, Performance or an Event the set design is a very important factor for the brand identity you are about to create.
The design can be an extension of your core values and personal or entertainment brand and reflect a specific experience you would like your audience to have, whether it is live or on TV.
We are specialised in creating unique designs, which reflects your objectives for a successful show or event. Throughout the process we help you analyse your brand and how to translate that into a live experience and successful cost effective delivery.
Our packages vary in price depending on the job. We love big and small jobs and will be happy to put together a package to fit your budget, which specifically covers all your needs and wants to make your show spectacular. Feel free to contact us for a free quote.
Examples of services within our design packages:
- Design, brand or artist requirement analysis
- Concept idea and mood-board of visual references for the set design
- Sketches of main set idea
- Design of set based on overall concept idea
- Design of artist performances
- Design of scenery or props for individual performances or set changes of the show
- 2D AutoCAD PDF package of main set
- 3D CAD model of the set design inserted into venue drawings.
- Sightline study
- Seat sale study
- Detailed design specification for workshops
- Visualisation package of 3D renders. Colour illustrations of the design in the venue from given camera or viewing angles
- RAD Lab visualisation of set with animated screen content from specific camera angles
- Workshop supervision, overseeing the set fabrication
- Art direction onsite artistic input for final set up
- Budget management of scenery budget
- Advising with regards to vendors prices and services / pitching
Please note: Rockart Design work independently of workshops, fabricators and other vendors. Clients can take our material to any vendor of their choice for costing or use as basis for a bid package. The final vendors are chosen by and paid directly by the client.
As a Creative Director, we help you put together the overall concept and ideas for the performance, TV-Show, tour or event.
This concept will effectively be written into a Creative Brief and mood-board with examples as inspiration and as a guide for all other creatives on the team. The creative team is for example: lighting, screen content, direction, choreography, set design, styling, make up etc.
The Creative Brief incorporates criteria of success regarding artist authenticity, brand integrity and profile (or change of profile). But can also be from various interests of other investors or stakeholders for example: ticket sales, live and TV-audience, venue, viewer ratings and demographic etc.
If required, we can assist identifying the best creative team for the show to deliver the Creative Brief. (Given they are not already chosen).
We consult and guide all creative decisions throughout the process to be in line with the Creative Brief. We work to ensure and adjust all parameters of the show communicates the same message from start of to the final delivery.
Your input is the heart and soul of the show. We will be there to secure that your vision is what your show communicates on show-day to the audience.
As Content Producers, we develop an extended visual concept for each song, performance or section of the show integrating the screen graphics with both the set architecture and the overall vision of the show/concert.
We treat the screen as an extension of the set and create visual set changes within the content, playing with the relationship between set and screens.
- We create specific creative content briefs for each performance in the show and can provide 3D renders illustrating how the content works within the set.
- We work with a team of graphic animation artists and specialist content houses to create different atmospheres and looks for the show.
- We provide the option of creating a real-time 3D model testing environment for pre-rehearsal content testing/visualisation within the set model.
- We manage the creative workflow to ensure that the animations are of the highest standard and quality, as well as timely delivery of the content and on-site programming.
- We provide on-site content management and art direction between artist/producers, content houses and media programmers.
- We provide budget management and contract help and advice, to ensure a fair and mutually beneficial deal for both client and content houses. We also offer a solution where Rockart Design supplies the content.
Our fees are scalable and we will be happy to put together a bespoke package for your production depending on your requirements. Feel free to contact us for a free quote.
In addition to the creative services Rockart Design also supplies screen content for clients who require a full package.
The animated screen content is where you really focus on the storytelling for your performance, from song to song of your tour or section to section of your show/event.
When we supply screen content for a show we naturally work in very close relation to the architecture of the set design. We are fascinated by creating magical looks where playing with the border between set and screen, so it is not obvious where the set ends and the screen begins.
Some of the content we generate internally and some we outsource to studios who are experts in their fields and with whom we have long-term working relationships. The advantage of this approach is that when we supply the screen content, we test and therefore know that it works specifically with any unique set designs.
"Nicoline has spoken at the PLASA Show in London twice now – in 2014 and again this year in 2016. Her presentations focus on the creative side of the use of technology, something that is sometimes missed in the high-tech nature of the event. Nicoline’s presentations always attract a lot of attention – great for us in the run up to the event – and the theatre onsite is always packed. Nicoline is a very professional and highly engaging speaker, who captivates her audience with beautifully presented and fascinating presentations. We hope she will come back again to speak next year."Sophie Atkinson
Content Manager, PLASA Events
Nicoline has built up a reputation over the years as a renowned public speaker, and has spoken internationally at industry conferences, conventions, art schools etc. She speaks on various subjects including:
- The Art of Creating Impactful Artist Performances
Seminar Description: Nicoline Refsing, Production Designer, Creative Director and founder of Rockart Design has, for the past three years, been creating iconic artist performances for the Eurovision Song Contest. Nicoline will show us examples of her work and the creative process behind the performances, amongst others “Australia” who came in second in the competition this year.
- Making the Eurovision set come to life
Seminar Description:The work Rockart Design has performed for Eurovision, primarily focused on Eurovision 2014, where Nicoline was Creative Director and Content Producer, creating the 37 countries performances on the show. How we worked with the set and brought the performances to life.
- My work and career as a female entrepreneur in the entertainment and music business
Seminar Description: Nicoline’s journey from student in Denmark, moving to London working for Mark Fisher and Stufish and starting her own business Rockart Design 5 years ago.
- How to create and grow brands and brand experiences
Seminar Description: The creative side of designing an awards show and creating unique visual identity for entertainment shows and events. How to create spectacular brand experiences for your audience.
Please contact us for more information.
Plasa Olympia, London 2016
Plasa Excel Exhibition Centre, London 2014
"The Association of Swedish Lighting Designers (SLF) invited Nicoline as a speaker on two different occasions, the first time being an international lighting designer’s conference in Malmo 2015. This seminar was so popular that SLF were asked to invite Nicoline to speak again, this time at the Swedish Audio, Video and Lighting Expo in Stockholm (LLB) 2016.
Nicoline’s seminars focus primarily on the artistic ideas and the creative process of her work. Her starting point is always the artistic design idea, then how it can be implemented technically. Her artistic designs are extraordinary and her portfolio includes many different types of events."Ulf Nielsen
Association of Swedish Lighting Designers (SLF) (Svenska Ljussättareföreningen)
"It is a great pleasure to work with Nicoline. She is always very professional and extremely dedicated to her work. Her contagious commitment attracts exciting professionals from near and far and as a skilled communicator and public speaker, she manages to mesmerise her audience."Kerstin Anderson
Head of Further Education, The Danish National School of Performing Arts